In-Region Hardware Engineer
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Imaging what you could do here. At Apple, creative ideas have a way of becoming wonderful products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. The iPhone hardware team is looking for a China based Hardware Engineer.
- - Minimum of 3 years of work experience in the design and development of high speed digital and/or analog boards and systems.
- - Curious mind and both intuitive and rigorous analytical skills.
- - Direct experience in high volume computers /mobile devices /consumer electronics preferred.
- - Must have a deep understanding of the system development process including concept creation, schematics and board development, as well as board and system bring up and debugging.
- - Must have direct experience with one or more of the following technologies: high speed bus design, low power design, industry standard protocols (audio and video, USB, wireless, memory bus, etc.) and their design issues.
- - Software and scripting experience a plus.
- - Must have excellent interpersonal skills in both English and Chinese.
- Participate in design and development of next generation iPhone from concept to mass production. - Be the technical owner at Contract Manufacturer’s site to support various engineering builds ranging from Proto, EVT to PVT. Represent the EE team in a multi-functional team environment. - Be able to identify EE related issues. Drive resolution of multi-functional issues including those related to architecture (performance, power consumption, thermal behavior), production (quality, failure analysis, manufacturing), and development (schematic design, PCB layout, and overall system integration).
Education & Experience
- BSEE required. MSEE preferred.