Sustaining Technical Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- 5+ years of experience introducing and sustaining products in manufacturing
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to work in a matrix organization
- Direct experience working with functional engineering teams (Mechanical, Electrical, Test, DFX, etc.)
- Ensure quality and efficiency as well as ongoing continuous improvements across all manufacturing sites
- Shown bottom line project management experience including but not limited to planning, cost and delivery
- Early engagement with new product teams to ensure successful product ramps
- Technical background in engineering (electrical or mechanical preferred)
- Experience working with international supply chain partners
- Frequent international travel is expected (30-40%)
• We participate with a team of engineers (Manufacturing, Technical Program Management, DFX, Test, Quality, Supplier Quality, etc.) and others in the development and support of new product introductions. • Drive all sustaining technical operational issues related to assembly processes to ensure effective closure of all issues to enable operational success at the mass production phase. • Review all equipment requirement plans along with an assessment of the robustness of the solution to meet the requirements of the operation as well as the implementation of any additional solutions to mitigate any risks. • Serve as the senior technical advisor for the product line for the end to end life cycle of the product. Drive cost savings and efficiency improvements.
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.