Senior Manager, WorldWide Developer Relations
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Software and Services
Apple Worldwide Developer Relations is looking for talented and enthusiastic program manager to work on a new initiative for Apple’s developer community. We are looking for someone who possesses a real passion for diversity in technology, an extraordinary eye for detail and a proven ability to execute on complex cross-functional programs. You are self-motivated and enjoy taking initiative. You can engage with multiple audiences and cross-functional partners to constantly refine and collaborate on the best possible final solution. You have confidence and a demonstrated ability to present recommendations and plans to senior management while remaining adaptable and positive as demands change.
- 12+ years related project management, with demonstrated success in driving marketing programs and initiatives
- • Understanding of, and track record working with, one or more underrepresented communities to further inclusion and advancement through demonstrable implementation of strategic tactics and programs
- • Experience managing and onsite facilitation of external conferences and events, budgets. Comfortable traveling and executing in all geos
- • Proven ability to rely on own discernment and discretion to work independently, including the ability to organize, plan, and prioritize tasks, and handle multiple assignments at a time, in creative and effective ways
- • Experience resolving a wide range of issues in creative ways, and lead cross-functional teams of varying levels
- • Ability to work collaboratively within WWDR and senior leaders across the company to establish oneself as a trusted partner, and lead by influence, at every level and function across the business (e.g., Marketing, Engineering, Executive Team)
- • Exceptional communication skills including creation of content and communication strategy, creative briefs, copywriting for email and web communications, with an unrivaled attention to detail and consistent delivery of the highest quality of work in Keynote, Pages and Numbers.
- • Experience with presentation and facilitation, the ability to use data to tell a story and influence others, and comfort presenting information with short notice and to audiences of all levels
• Responsible for creation and management of a new program in WWDR. Responsibilities include creating vision and strategy and evangelizing with senior cross functional leaders, managing referrals from external and internal partners, vetting applicants, performing needs assessment for each applicant, planning and handling each cohort, managing all cross-functional engagement with cohorts and post-cohort follow-up, overseeing and leading ongoing community development and support for program graduates. • Developing project roadmaps, detailed project plans, resources lists, program proposals for executive review, communication plans, status templates, and leadership presentation materials • Partnering with key groups such as WWDR Partnership Management, Evangelism, App Review, App Store Editorial, App Store Program Management, Apple University, Marcom, Legal, I&D, Privacy, HR, PR and Engineering as needed to ensure effective engagement and successful completion of deliverables. • Leading regular team meetings to monitor status of all program deliverables, identify potential risks or issues, and develop mitigation plans • Providing frequent and clear communication regarding project statuses to leadership while raising potential issues or key decisions needed to ensure successful project/program delivery
Education & Experience
Bachelors/Masters degree in marketing, business, education, organizational development, or similar, preferred