GBS GC Ops SME
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Do you love analytical thinking and problem solving? Are you passionate about using your financial knowledge to create business solutions for Apple? Just as our customers find value in Apple products, Corporate Finance find value for both Apple and its shareholders. We are essential to upholding Apple’s global commitment to excellence, and are directly responsible to help shape the company’s future. Global Business Solutions (GBS) play a unique role with visibility across all our businesses. We support Apple’s investments by providing guidance and value added solutions to problems that arise on a daily basis. We also provide support to employees, customers and vendors around the world. We are seeking an experienced Subject Matter Expert (SME) who support the Greater China GBS organization by participating in projects to create or change financial processes and systems to support Apple’s growing business. This position is based in Shanghai, China.
- Strong knowledge of complex processes involving multiple enterprise systems
- Demonstrated experience leading multiple projects/initiatives simultaneously
- Experience driving process improvement, automation, and solving complex problems
- Working knowledge of the various aspects of finance processing and reporting processes, including Order-to-Cash, Purchase-to-Pay, and Record-to-Report
- Understanding of the project lifecycle from project planning, execution, to closure including gathering and documenting requirements, performing testing, planning and managing cutover activities, and supporting post-implementation efforts
- Experience working in in an unstructured, evolving, ambiguous and fast-paced environment, with the ability to partner and influence cross functionally
- Excellent interpersonal skills including a mature and collaborative style of communicating and negotiating with others
- Strong understanding of internal controls and ability to help design and implement new/changed controls
- Critical and analytical thinker with an intellectual curiosity to identify continuous improvement opportunities
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- ERP experience required, SAP knowledge highly beneficial; aptitude to develop detailed knowledge of Apple systems required
Work closely with Global Finance Project team (GFP), Global Process Owners (GPOs), IS&T and GBS pillars to support project throughout project life cycle Document current as-is business processes and define the required to-be processes and system landscape Document business requirements to ensure desired system and process requirements and functionalities are developed Address requirement gaps and assess their impact and risk Identify business scenarios, define test data requirements, validate test plans and develop test scripts Provide quality assurance by overseeing/executing test scripts for user acceptance testing to ensure system changes meet business requirements Manage or execute data conversion and cutover activities Manage inter-dependencies and ensure alignment to business processes Recommend alternative solutions when key problems arise with systems or processes Identify opportunities for process improvement, co-ordinate and implement automated solutions around routine/repetitive tasks Support documentation and enforcement of governance policies, standards and accounting procedures Represent GBS when working with both finance and line-of-business teams as projects are rolled out to the process areas Communicate project status to process area management and to the GBS senior managers on a monthly, quarterly, and as-needed basis
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance; CPA or MBA preferred
- Every single day, people do amazing things at Apple, What will you do?
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.