Senior Manufacturing Manager
Suzhou, Jiangsu, China
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple and help us leave the world better than we found it. This is a people manager and leadership role with "Design For Manufacturing (DFM) and Quality" responsibility for driving all aspects of New Product development, sustaining products, and failure analysis. This person will manage and mentor multi organizations of PCBA, PCB, Component Quality, FPC, and SIP Managers and will interact with Engineering in USA, Apple Pacific Operations, Product Design, EE, Strategic Suppliers, and Apple Contract Manufacturers in order to ensure the manufacturability of Apple products and maintain Apple's high standard quality.
- The role requires a passionate work ethic, relationship-building skills, analytical skills, strategic thinking, communication skills, resourcefulness, and the ability to work effectively with cross-functional team member.
- 8+ years technical roles in any of PCBA, PCB, Flexible Circuits, SIP, electronic packaging industry, and experienced in manufacturing
- The ideal candidate is an experienced leader/ people manager, and technical oriented.
- Detail and action oriented, self starter leader.
- Consistent record of delivering large scale complex projects.
- A natural problem solver with a strong awareness of risk.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and to deliver high quality solutions to tight schedules.
- Ability to travel to supplier’s manufacturing sites to work face to face with cross functional teams
- Excellent verbal and written communicator in technical and business contexts with a proven record in generating managerial reports and delivering presentations.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly in a dynamic work environment.
- Knowledgeable in production control processes, data analysis/interpretation GR&R, Cp/Cpk and correlation analysis.
- Self starter with innovation, integrity and attention to details
If you have passion, dedication, great leadership and desire partnering in making best product in the world, this job will make your dreams to become true. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following: Interfacing with Engineering for new product development strategy. Interfacing with USA engineering, suppliers, contract manufactures, and Apple internal cross-functional teams to ensure flawless execution and support of all engineering challenges, goals, and objectives Developing and driving the direct team to achieve established goals and objectives. In this role you will be responsible for the following: Building a strong Test team. Collaborating with Engineering teams early in the development cycles to ensure a smooth transition of products to mass production. You will drive deployment and optimizations in the various manufacturing processes to deliver optimal quality and yields. Responsible for product manufacturability readiness for all NPI programs. You will work with internal and external partners on the design and deployment of complex factory DFM solutions.
Education & Experience
BS in engineering or Material Science