Safety Engineering Technician
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. This position is offered in Apple's Product Safety Engineering department within Apple's Product Integrity organization. Our mission is to ensure that Apple products are safe for our customers to use throughout the world and also comply with worldwide safety requirements. The Product Safety group seeks high-energy, tenacious, and meticulous individuals with a background in Li-ion Cell/Battery Testing and/or Lab Operations who can work independently in a dynamic and demanding laboratory environment. Your contributions will be instrumental to supporting product engineering, manufacturing, and design needed to ensure the safety of all of Apple’s flagship products.
- Project/Test experience as in one of the following technologies is preferred: battery cells and or packs, PCB (e.g. SoC, Memory), and or power adapters/supplies. Associated test or evaluation is highly desirable
- Proficiency with hand tools, electronic measurement equipment, scopes, and other sensors/scanning suites — e.g. cell/battery cycler, battery safety test equipments, digital multimeter, high-speed video, microscopes, thermocouples— are desirable.
- Demonstrated experience and familiarity with Apple products are highly desirable.
- Ability to work independently, yet also be a strong team-player who can shift in different work environments or projects.
- Good analytical skills and high degree of resourcefulness
- Knowledge of data collecting. Capability of data analysis and statistics is highly desirable.
- Strong command of iWork or MS Office productivity tools.
- Database management and basic statistical analysis a huge plus.
- Good written and verbal communication skills with native fluency in Mandarin-Chinese.
- Good written and reading skills in English. Basic oral English communication needed.
- Willing to work occasional overtime and/or irregular shifts depending on mission-critical needs.
Follow established SOPs to perform failure investigations, battery safety testing, as needed. Other technologies or products to be evaluated based on mission needs and capabilities. Possess ability, skills, and expertise to execute tests per UL and IEC standards (e.g. UL2054, UL1642, IEC62133, IEC61960, IEC60950, IEC62368) or similar. Under the supervision of Safety engineers, support the development, execution, and documentation of test procedures, test plans, and corresponding reports. Implement test process control and data collection methods, document for data integrity and traceability. Interact with Apple internal test/lab groups to ensure that testing across different technology spaces are aligned and meet standards; ensure on-time completion and assessments. Follow shipping, receiving, handling, and storage requirements to efficiently receive, transfer, store, and track shipments and test units. Manage and maintain daily operations of test equipment and tools, keeping track of lab tools and supplies. Ensure appropriate calibration and upkeep of equipment and related spaces. Take the responsibility of equipment routine calibration, preventive maintenance, lab 5S, and internal EHS audits. Collaborate with other team members in areas of work allocation, assignment.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent) highly preferred. Relevant job experience and/or certifications in lieu of formal education may be considered on case-by-case basis.