Data Automation DevOps Engineer
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Operations and Supply Chain
Imaging what you could do here. At Apple, creative ideas have a way of becoming wonderful products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We are looking for DevOps Engineer who can help lead the next generation of products we create. Our infrastructure team is responsible for architecting, building, and scaling a distributed system that enables Apple to manufacture every product. You should strive to make everyone that uses the systems life easier, especially the dev team. This means automating everything from deployments to workflows, CI, and the monitoring and alerting setup.
- You have 3 years architecting and managing Linux server infrastructure across multiple data centers.
- You have 3 years UNIX systems administration experience including support of intranet-facing servers.
- You have good working knowledge of multi-tier applications and their dependencies including load balancing, TCP/IP networking, web services, LDAP and DNS.
- You have experience with configuration management tools, such as Ansible, Chef, and Puppet.
- You have experience managing database servers such as RDBMS or NoSQL at medium scale (>1TB, 1 billion rows).
- You have experience setting up and running monitoring tools, e.g., Graphite, Prometheus, InfluxDB, Grafana, and the ELK stack.
- You have experience handling development infrastructure tools such as Jenkins and Vagrant.
- You have experience with monitoring tools such as Nagios and Splunk
- You have solid experience managing bare-metal hardware (PXE boot).
- You have experience with the following is a plus: Golang, Python and PostgreSQL.
- Proficiency with file servers, including NAS and SAN, and associated protocols to serve files across a network: NFS, SMB, Xsan and AFP.
- International and domestic travel up to 25% in a given year
This is a rare opportunity to put your signature on how Apple manufactures everything. We need you to help take our system to the next level working closely with manufacturing design and the mechanical engineering team on new products. We don’t expect you to be a manufacturing expert, but guarantee within the first 6 months you will be. You’ll be working with the world's best engineers to help them build the products we all want. Our current stacks are diverse and evolving combinations of old and new, closed and open source technologies. We are not looking for a solution for now; we are looking for the best solution for tomorrow. We are an ambitious team that takes smart risks and challenges everything -- including each other. None of us are the best at everything but all are the best at something. As we scale and evolve the supporting infrastructure for such diverse technologies it becomes crucial to understand the entire stack to help investigate, log, monitor and optimize.
Education & Experience
Bachelor with 7+ years experience, or Masters with 5+ years experience, Engineering Degree in the Information Technology domain