Supplier Quality Engineer
Nanshan, Guangdong, China
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills, with good English.
- • Good initiative and independently problem solving skills.
- • Familiar measurement knowledge will be a plus.
- • Traveling flexible and on site support needed.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
Responsible for developing, applying, revising, and maintaining quality standards for processing materials, solving complex quality engineering problems in creative and effective ways. • Acts as a project leader on a variety of projects. Has a strong working knowledge of quality and reliability concepts, supplier management, with respect to general manufacturing operations man- agement experience. • Interfaces with other Apple functional groups as resources to optimize suppliers quality programs. • Drive the development and implementation of Product Quality Plan (PQP). Works as a part of a New Products introduction team draw up and/or coordinate and implement the PQP for the site. In conjunction with the design engineers and the site engineers, determine the process goals for products. • Evaluates the supplier processes and process controls to ensure product quality and reliability is built in. Monitors each supplier's performance through measurements of production line statistics, company inspections and audits. Prepares summary of performance and communicates to appro- priate management so that effective corrective action plans can be set in place if necessary. • Develops supplier capability (including necessary training), establishes proper reporting of in- process and final inspection and test results to Apple. • Establishes discovery audit procedures and ensures performance. • Provides full support to an assigned area of production/service. • May direct the activities of other engineers and technicians on specific tasks. • Acts as a consultant to other engineering groups on design of experiments and the analysis of test data to determine outcome. • Able to drive FA (Failure Analysis) and improvement actions through data, such as Minitab or JMP.
Education & Experience
• MS or BS in engineering (mechanical preferred)