In-Region Camera Test SW Engineer
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just create products - they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. The Camera Hardware Engineering group is responsible for all research, design, development, test and qualification of camera hardware for Apple products. We are looking for a Camera Test Engineer with responsibilities for the camera test technology development and production test implementation. You will involve design and deployment to the factory of an effective measurement system that includes methodologies, hardware, software, and instrumentation control for camera performance evaluation. This engineer will work closely with the Camera Design group to ensure the success of current and future Apple products. You should be familiar with megapixel CMOS image sensor technology, imager interfacing and tuning, implementation of camera systems in mobile products, have a strong knowledge of image sensor operation and control, and be familiar with digital imaging pipeline and algorithm. In addition, you need understand how to implement high precision and high-volume camera module test. We expect you to be creative, well-organized, with phenomenal verbal and written communication.
- Min. 3+ years experience as SW developer incl. test platform development, data acquisition, test/fixture instrumentation development (TCP, USB, serial)
- Proven debugging skills
- Perform statistical analysis on data
- Knowledge of GRR, machine buy-off, correlation required.
- Knowledge in camera image processing
- 2+ years of related work experience in Camera or Imaging Industry
- Hands-on experience in optical measurement systems (characterization, test and validation).
- C/C++ and Matlab
- Objective-C experience a definite plus.
- Experience working with camera tester sockets, fixtures and auto-handlers is strongly desired.
- Ambitious, independent, and dedicated. Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well in a collaborative, highly multi-functional and fast pace environment.
- Willingness to travel up to 50%. Travel to both Apple and suppliers' facilities will be required
You should be familiar with camera design/operation/validation/Characterization/test, CMOS image sensor, lens operation…etc. You will include design, develop and deploy the measurement systems at product level: Define the appropriate methodologies in the measurement. Write the SW to control the station/HW, data acquisition and image processing algorithm. Design precise system that can take the environment into account. Develop repeatable and reproducible instrumentation that meets product’s requirements. Collaborate with different teams to build, define and document any measurement metrics and specifications. Drive various vendors to deliver the measurement system before the build event. Bring up, debug and mature the measurement system during NPI cycle. Communicates and present to management in term of strategies, data and status.
Education & Experience
Master’s (preferred) or Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, EE, Physics or equivalent.