AI/ML - Senior Software Engineer, Siri Understanding
Beijing, Beijing, China
Machine Learning and AI
The people here at Apple don't just build products - they build the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. The team here at Siri is building next revolution human-computer interaction system, we create breakthrough technology to expand the product’s experience in China for global. The position requires strong technical skills and user-focus mindset, collaborate with engineers in several technical areas to revolutionize the way people interact with the world around them. We are looking for highly motivated software engineer to join our team in Beijing/Shanghai office.
- Demonstrated experience delivering reliable, scalable, performant, and secure systems and services in production
- Expert software design and object-oriented programming skills, passion for code quality.
- Know and understand design patterns and how to implement them.
- Creative, collaborative, and focused on user experience and value.
- Excited to learn new technologies and solutions.
- Passionate and self-motivated.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills. Comfortable representing our work to partners and leaders.
This role includes the following responsibilities and requirements: Architecture, design, development, debugging, documentation, and operation of large-scale systems designed for machine learning. This includes distributed systems for data management and computation as well as web user interfaces. You would be comfortable and eager to work on either the frontend, or backend system crossing multiple platform from client device to server-side. Be able to stay on top of state-of-the-art technologies and apply them in the job. Partner with both data scientists and machine learning engineers across different Apple organizations to define impactful product features and deliver them with quality. Take pride and ownership in delivering delightful user experiences. Lead other engineers and demonstrate standard methodologies for software engineering. Support and mentor other engineers. Be knowledgeable and productive with a wide variety of front and back-end technologies. Experience with any of the following technologies is particularly desirable: Java, C++, Swift, iOS Client, AWS, Git. Previous experience with machine learning pipelines, model evaluation, and data visualization is a plus.
Education & Experience
B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science or related field, and 5+ years of professional software engineering experience
- Experience integrating data and services from multiple providers Experience with AI technologies including NLP or machine learning