Project Manager, New Store Openings and Remodels
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
An Apple Retail New Store Openings & Remodels, Project Manager is responsible for successfully managing the openings and remodels of Apple Stores, globally in accordance with Apple standards. This person will be involved in identifying, creating, leading and implementing processes, procedures and solutions as they relates to New Store Openings and Remodels. This person will be able to work independently and as part of a larger, cross-functional team. The Project Manager must possess excellent communication skills and be able to effectively interact and influence all levels in the organization. The role can be based in Shanghai or Hong Kong.
- 2+ years Apple Retail or equivalent management experience, in addition to project management experience.
- Demonstrated success in managing multiple projects, priorities and people concurrently in a fast-paced, high-growth and results driven environment.
- Dynamic leadership qualities including a positive, can do and motivational presence, a passion for training and coaching, and the ability to be solution driven in challenging situations while still delivering optimum results.
- Proven ability to participate as a valued member of a highly functioning team.
- Sound written and verbal communication, excellent planning, executing and follow up skills, in addition to strong analytical skills. Works well under pressure.
- Strong operational and organizational skills.
- Must be proficient in Word, Pages, Excel, and Keynote. Has the ability to quickly learn project management software.
- Flexible; ability to react professionally and efficiently to changes in schedules or project direction without sacrificing productivity.
- Ability to travel frequently and willing to work a flexible schedule in order to lead and manage projects.
- Ability to develop relationships quickly. Well respected, trusted partner that is someone others want to work with.
- Influential, works well with others and is able to create strong field and corporate relationships; Experience interacting with and influencing business partners at all levels.
- Dedication to the delivery of consistent and unparalleled customer service both internal and external.
- Strong soft skills, which are important to the success of this job role.
- Commitment to identifying and communicating innovative ideas to improve processes and performance. Ability to stay current with the latest processes, procedures, and technology.
- Strong individual contributor. Self-starter who possesses exceptional time management skills and has great attention to detail.
- Must act independently and be self-motivated. Prioritizes, manages, and meets deadlines.
- Fluent in English and Mandarin, additional language skills are a plus.
Primary job functions include: Managing assigned New Store openings and Remodels from inception to completion. Including schedule management, Global Retail Support/Field communications and on-site support Evaluating the success and opportunities of each project from a process, cost, and quality perspective. Providing feedback as necessary. Partnering with NSO and Remodel Manager to identify, create and implement new and innovative methodologies; working to continually improve current processes and practices. Providing input on store design standards to ensure operational efficiencies Work closely with the Preservation team in management and execution of Existing Store Projects and Upgrades Maintaining an intimate knowledge of all business aspects of Apple Retail in an effort to identify and support business needs. Quickly develop strong working relationships with corporate partners, field teams, and vendors globally to ensure delivery of the best possible experience to Apple Retail customers. Provide superior customer service to field and corporate partners globally, serving as resource. Partner with business partners globally to determine global business needs and priorities, ensuring delivery of the best possible processes to Apple Retail Stores. Develop and maintain key partnership with the Field including Market Directors, Market Leaders, Store Leaders, and store teams. Turn information gathered into results that influence current projects or create new/improved initiatives that drive results. Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Action Oriented
- Command Skills
- Conflict Management
- Customer Focus
- Timely Decision Making
- Directing Others
- Innovation Management
- Learning on the Fly
- Managing and Measuring Work
- Motivating Others
- Presentation Skills
- Priority Setting
- Problem Solving
- Process Management
- Drive for Results
- Self Development
- Sizing Up People
- Standing Alone
- Time Management
- Building Effective Teams
- Written Communication