Senior Speech Research & Development Engineer
Beijing, Beijing, China
Software and Services
Play a part in the next revolution in human-computer interaction. Contribute to a product that is redefining mobile computing. Create groundbreaking technology for large scale systems, spoken language, big data, and artificial intelligence. And work with the people who created the intelligent assistant that helps millions of people get things done — just by asking. Join the Siri Speech team at Apple. The Siri team is looking for exceptionally skilled and creative Engineers eager to get involved in hands-on work improving the Siri experience.
- Experience building and tuning large vocabulary speech recognition systems
- Ability to implement experiments using scripting languages (Python, Perl, Ruby, bash) and tools written in C/C++
- Experience working with standard speech recognition toolkits (such as HTK, Attila, Kaldi, SRILM, OpenFST or equivalent proprietary systems)
- Experience working on ASR systems in multiple languages
- Large scale data analysis experience using distributed clusters (e.g. MapReduce)
You will be a part of a team that's responsible for a wide variety of speech-related research and development activities, including acoustic modeling, language modeling and tools development. Our speech recognition research is typically data driven and we are particularly passionate about unsupervised techniques to leverage large quantities of data. You should be excited about building outstanding products. Because you'll be working closely with engineers from a number of other teams at Apple, you’re a teammate who thrives in a rapidly changing priorities environment.
Education & Experience
M.S. or PhD in Computer Science or related field