Advanced Display Manufacturing Engineer
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, you will help us leave the world better than we found it. As an Advanced Display Manufacturing Engineer, you will be responsible for development, qualification, optimization, and production ramp of new process technology and equipment for manufacturing of displays for new Apple products.
- The ideal candidate will need to have 5+ years of hands-on experience in the design and development of manufacturing processes and/or equipment in the LCD display, PCB manufacturing, OLED display, solar cell, LED, semiconductor, or other similar industry.
- Experience in one or more of the following process technologies is preferred: SMT, PCB manufacturing, AOI, precision dispensing, lamination, screen printing, cleaning, thermal processing.
- Experience bringing new products and new technologies into high volume manufacturing preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to perform DOE, SPC, data analysis, and failure analysis is a must.
- Excellent written & verbal English and Chinese communication skills are required.
As an Advanced Display Manufacturing Engineer, you will participate in the development and engineering of process technology and equipment to enable new features for display modules of Apple products. You will drive equipment/material suppliers to develop reliable, high-throughput, mass production-capable equipment that delivers tightly controlled process performance that meets pre-defined specifications. You will lead the roll-out of equipment, material, and process across the Apple display supply chain, optimize the process and equipment for device performance, yield, quality, reliability, and throughput, and ramp the new equipment/process into full mass production.
Education & Experience
Education: MS or Ph.D. degree in Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, Chemistry/Chemical Engineering, or other similar field.