Manufacturing Process EHS Engineer
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish. Apple is committed to ensuring the highest standards of social responsibility wherever our products are made and the Supplier Responsibility team upholds values around human rights, environment, health and safety in our global supply chain. The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it.
- - You have experience assessing process safety risks, managing and developing management systems to prevent the release of hazardous/explosive chemicals, dust or energy.
- - Familiarity with supply chain and manufacturing environments implementing incident investigation, root cause analysis and management of change programs.
- - You are passionate about protecting the global manufacturing workforce and partnering cross functionally to develop programs that directly engage the manufacturing workforce and continually drive a culture of safety.
- - You should be equal parts communicator, project manager and strategic thinker who can:
- - You can simplify high technical content in order to communicate risk and solutions to suppliers and Apple executives,
- - Execute on strategy and track progress against goals,
- - Collaborate, influence and drive consensus among diverse technical, business and external stakeholders.
- - Ability to manage third party vendors to ensure timely deliverable of program, and
- - Ease in developing strong relationships and managing multiple projects in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- - Self starter with innovation, integrity and attention to details
- - At least 7+ years relevant experience.
- - Fundamental understanding of electronics technology, supply chain, and manufacturing processes.
- - Excellent communication skills, verbal and written in English and Chinese.
As a Manufacturing Process EHS Engineer in our Shanghai office, you will serve as the technical expert for ensuring process safety and environmental protection best practices are integrated into the New Product Introduction (NPI) process. You will help ensure the highest standards for protecting employees and the communities in which our suppliers operate. You will be responsible for assessing risk and providing recommendations to eliminate hazards throughout all phases of the NPI process and handoff to sustaining operations. In this role, you will be an embedded partner who influences the adoption of inherently safer and sustainable practices with respect to: - Material and chemical selection, - Manufacturing process design, - Process safety conformance of capital equipment, and - Proposed manufacturing practices
Education & Experience
- Minimum BA/BA degree, Master’s degree preferred in mechanical engineering, chemical engineering or related EHS field.