Data Scientist - Strategic Data Solution
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Operations and Supply Chain
COMPANY OVERVIEW: Apple ignited the personal computer revolution in the 1970s with the Apple II and we reinvented it in the 1980s with the Macintosh. Today, we continues to own the industry in innovation with its award-winning computers, OS X operating system and iLife and professional applications. Apple is also spearheading the digital media revolution with its iPod portable music and video players and iTunes online store, and has entered the mobile phone market with its revolutionary iPhone. Make a difference. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. JOB SUMMARY The SDS team provides analytic support across Apple's lines of business by applying data science and machine learning technology. We're looking for someone who is passionate about building and maintaining analytical solutions that have direct and measurable impact to Apple. This role focuses both on gleaning insights from data and the implementation of analytical solutions based on those insights. You may have both a quantitative and technical background in addition to being someone that is naturally very curious.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to tell meaningful stories with data.
- Familiarity with database modeling and data warehousing principles with a working knowledge of SQL.
- Creativity to go beyond current tools to deliver the best solution to the problem.
- Programming skills in Python, Java, C++, or similar language.
- Data visualization experience in Matplotlib, Tableau, ggplot2 or a similar tool.
- Experience with data science algorithms including decision trees, probability networks, association rules, clustering, regression, and neural networks.
- Ability and comfort working independently and making key decisions on projects.
Work closely with business partner, data warehouse architects and software developers to generate flawless data solutions for end users. Perform ad-hoc and re-occurring statistical and data science analyses. Present results of analyses to business units. Build and monitor effective reporting and alerting for fraud and operational health of a line of business. Support production analytic solutions. Researches, and if applicable, implements new technologies and methods in the areas of data analysis, data visualization and presentation, and data glossaries and libraries.
Education & Experience
B.S. or above in related field with 3+ years experience applying analytical techniques to real business problems. Equivalent work experience will be considered.