Software QA Engineer
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Apple Pay US Quality Engineering team is looking for a creative and motivated Senior Quality Engineer with excellent problem solving and interpersonal skills. You will join a dynamic team with strong technical skills who take pride in qualifying the best in class Apple Pay user experience. As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the rare and rewarding opportunity to be part of a new project and shape upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every day.
- - Excellent knowledge of software development lifecycle, testing methodologies, and testing tools.
- - Experience in creation and automation of software tests (e.g., unit-tests, regression tests, functional tests, stress tests).
- - Understanding of software QA metrics, operations, and statistical techniques.
- - Experience in developing test plan, assessing risk, filing appropriate defects, and providing relevant data for test reporting.
- - Experience in driving development and deployment of relevant testing tools and infrastructure.
- - Detail oriented, analytical, and creative thinker with passion for quality processes.
- - Experience with Continuous Integration systems (e.g. Jenkins).
- - Experience in python/Obj-C and scripting languages (e.g. Python).
- - Ability to triage problems, prioritize accordingly, and propose a resolution.
- - Strong organizational and communication skills.
- - Ability to work independently, raise issues and take corrective action.
- - Working knowledge of Unix, Mac, shell scripting, python and tools to debug them
- - Experience working in fast paced environments
- - Strong written and oral communications skills
As the Sr. Software Quality Engineer, you will work closely with software engineers, management, other Apple QA teams, and will provide new work to the Quality Plan and educate various software engineering teams on writing appropriate requirements and test plans. You will ensure that Apple delivers the next generation products with the highest quality. - You will triage and debug difficult problems, driving them to resolution, in an effort to make the user experience phenomenal. - Defining test coverage, developing test plans, creating and maintaining test cases, executing functional and performance tests, evaluating and reporting quality of existing technologies and new features. - Developing test tools and implementing test automation. - You will carry an extraordinary deal of influence across the software engineering organization and as such, you will demonstrate previous success achieving certification of the greatest quality standards.
Education & Experience
Master's or Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience