Apple Support Global Commodity Manager - Material Readiness
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Support and Service
JOB SUMMARY The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspire the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Part of Apple's core business is the creation and development of our extraordinary mechanical / industrial designs and as such, the management of the supply chains is required to be equally unique, innovative and specialized. Apple Support Enclosure team is responsible for managing cost and continuity of supply for all enclosure parts, soft goods, repair fixture and equipment for all Apple products from NPI to end of service after end of mass production. Enclosure is a unique commodity in Apple due to the ID and custom nature of the parts. We have very strict requirements. We are looking for a dynamic, passionate, motivated applicant for the position of GCM/Material Readiness.
- Superb communication and negotiation skills in both Mandarin and English
- Extraordinary cross-functional team engagement skills and experience
- Ability to work cross functionally in a fast paced environment
- Operations/supply chain management experience is helpful
- High level of multi-task driven skill
- Strong work ethic with a high degree of flexibility
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude in a dynamic and fast paced work environment
- Self starter with innovation, integrity and attention to details
- Design and handle commodity supply chain strategy including cost, capacity plan, material CTB build plan and labor plan. Need to work closely with demand planning, buyer, component GCM, suppliers to ensure the supply plan could be executed. - Support new product introduction (NPI) to ensure that our service channels have inventory of replacement parts at first customer ship (FCS). Also need to handle EOP transition plan before mass production end to have smooth hand over with no customer impact. - Identification and mitigation of potential risks to supply chain to ensure continuity of supply of service commodities, i.e material EOL, capacity constraints, new custom regulations, holidays shut down, … - Manage material readiness to ensure that we understand the supply base and related challenges (i.e. supplier location and logistics, sole sourced modules, component lead-time, supplier share of business, order lead time and order cancellation window). - Identify lower level supply chain to ensure that we understand the challenges in maintaining the supply chain post End of Production.
Education & Experience
BSME or BSIE equivalent preferred. MBA a plus.