Wearables HW Reliability Engineer
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
At Apple, phenomenal ideas have a way of becoming exceptional products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! If you have a passion for constant learning and developing innovative products, you will fit right in. Apple’s Reliability engineering team is looking for you to work with our diverse iOS hardware development groups for ensuring and improving the durability and reliability of our products. You will partner with multiple engineering teams from beginning (concept) to the end (field returns) of product lifecycle, while exploring new technologies and understanding how customers will use our products.
- Experience performing reliability testing including Mechanical Stress Tests, Shock/Drop/Vibration Testing, Environmental Testing
- Statistical experience such as Weibull++, JMP, or familiarity with accelerated test models
- Familiar with Failure Analysis techniques (Optical Microscopy, X-ray/CT, Scanning Electron Microscopy/Energy Dispersive Spectroscopy, etc.), and the ability to use failure analysis methodology to derive a root cause of failure
- Understanding of Design of Experiments
- Imaginative approach to Failure Modes and Effects Analysis
- Confident with navigating ambiguity and creating new ways of doing things.
This position is located in China (Shanghai region) and you will be in-charge of driving reliability testing activities at our Contract manufacturer (CM) factory. You will also be working closely with engineering counterparts in Cupertino to highlight and act upon critical issues. You will develop and implement creative reliability tests on new hardware programs, support failure analysis and advise the team on the best path forward. You will be responsible for: • Developing new reliability tests procedures and specifications • Preparing concise and detailed test plans, analyzing test reports and presenting results in a confident manner • Researching new technologies to understand unique failure mechanisms • Interacting with diverse groups to improve product reliability About you: • Excellent written, visual, and verbal communication skills • Strong attention to detail and curiosity of how technologies work • Capable of handling multiple projects at once • Dynamic engineer with a “can do” attitude with the aim to work in a top notch team and product
Education & Experience
BS/ MS engineering degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Microelectronics or other relevant discipline. 3+ years of experience in a related field or industry. Consumer electronics experience is preferred, but not required.