Safety Compliance and Test Engineer
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. This position is offered in Apple's Product Safety Engineering department within Product Integrity organization. Our mission is to ensure that Apple products are safe for our customers to use throughout the world and also align with worldwide safety requirements. The Product Safety group seeks a high-energy, tenacious and meticulous engineer with a background in Battery development and manufacturing who can take on a lead role in product testing and evaluation. Your contributions will be instrumental to supporting product engineering, manufacturing, and design for Apple’s most critical products.
- Minimum 3-5 years of product safety and/or reliability test experience in consumer, medical, automotive or space industries. Have a deep understanding of battery design, safety and associated lab testing.
- Significant experiences and qualifications include: Comprehensive knowledge of agency requirements and international standards such as those published by IEC, UL, IEEE, and GB. Strong command of applicable test equipment, test procedures, and agency requirements for the above Safety standards. Conducting safety testing and data analysis of both optical and electrical modules. Developing and maintaining data collection and operating procedures for test equipment. Demonstrated experience in maintaining and calibrating equipment to ensure the highest levels of laboratory readiness. Extensive lab and engineering experience with crafting, building, debugging, and analyzing lab systems and test fixtures. Understanding of lab workflows and ensuring operating efficiencies. Significant experience with driving product testing for safety, compliance and manufacturing quality environments. Significant experience managing vendor and contractor relationships, both at the product component and test equipment levels. Strong command of data analysis, modeling, and automation software. Strong technical writing and data analytic skills. Strong written and verbal interpersonal skills, with proficiency in English and native fluency in Mandarin-Chinese.
- Serve as a domain expert in the evaluation of Battery construction, design, manufacturing, and alignment to international safety standards. Experience with corresponding test protocols needed for attaining (and retaining) certifications desirable. - Develop a keen understanding of all Apple products and work with multi-functional teams to establish appropriate requirements and translate them into coherent and rigorous test plans. The testing this individual will conduct will evaluate products’ and components’ performance and compliance with safety-critical standards and Apple specifications. Support Safety NPI engineers in the application and ongoing evaluation of Apple products’ alignment to international standards and test administration. - Conduct and oversee Product Safety testing and manage data collection, analysis, and report writing. Work closely with technicians and lead test activities needed to answer technical requirements across multiple product lines. - Work with suppliers to ensure test procedures and all Ongoing Safety Testing (OST) conforms to Apple specs and international standards. Work with suppliers to ensure that corresponding product safety requirements are upheld during production. - Conduct designs of experiments (DOEs) and support failure analysis efforts as needed. Be a leader in ongoing evaluation and interpretation of International Safety standards and their implications for Apple products.
Education & Experience
Bachelors in Electrical Engineering (or related field). Postgraduate field in a relevant field is highly desired.
- Highly desirable traits, but not required:
- Experience in battery and electrical system design and/or battery cell development
- Management/supervisory experience