Data Center Sr. Network Engineer
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Software and Services
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that is revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here?
- At least 7 years of Network Operations and/or engineering/design background
- Solid background in Cisco or Arista routing/switching and firewall configuration
- Experienced in leading complex network projects
- Self-starter, self-motivated, self-directed, self-sufficient
- Experience in large scale networks
- Understanding and experience with CLOS networking and SDN is a plus
- Solid understanding of BGP and TCP/IP
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Good understanding of Linux is nice to have
Come to join the Information Systems & Technology (IS&T) network team that support Apple’s external facing apps! We're a fun team of sharp engineers that provide network design, operations and software development support. The team directly influences daily operations of iTunes, iCloud, Maps, Siri and other Apple’s other Internet facing services in order to maximize efficiency, consistency and availability. This team is responsible for Apple's Data Center/Colo Network Infrastructure globally. You need solid background in network infrastructure implementation and support. You need excel in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and deliver solutions across a complex network. Must be a collaborative great teammate and participate in active network discussions and solutions. RESPONSIBILITIES Join us as we build the next generation platform to support Internet Services in China and Global! As a member of the Engineering team within Global Network Services, you will have to work with many multi-functional partners to design and provide solutions for complex projects. At times, you will need to develop the solution, test it, and implement it on production network. You will also work as the partner concern point for Network Operations and Implementation group. You need well versed in networking technologies from Layer 1 through Layer 7. You are based in Shanghai, directly reporting to the IS&T Director, Greater China, with strong dotted line reporting to Global Network Services team.
Education & Experience
BS or equivalent education
- Fluent spoken and written English and Chinese preferred
- Regular domestic/international travels may be required
- Early morning or late night calls may be required
- Every single day, people do amazing things at Apple, What will you do?
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.