Edge Services Operations Engineer
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Software and Services
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that is revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here?
- 8+ years of industry experience
- Excellent English and Mandarin communication skills
- Familiarity with Linux, TCP/IP, HTTP, TLS, DNS, etc.
- Experience in a startup environment is useful
- Software development skills using Perl and/or Python
- Experience working with software projects from start to deployment
- Self-starter, self-motivated, self-directed, self-sufficient
The Information Systems & Technology (IS&T) Edge Services team is looking for an experienced Operations Engineer to work on Apple’s Global DNS, CDN, NTP and GSLB infrastructure. We have a long-term roadmap for building our services and making them awesome. You will work in a team oriented environment and share responsibility for Apple’s worldwide Edge Infrastructure. RESPONSIBILITIES As a member of the Global Edge Services team, you will focus on the China DNS, CDN, GSLB and Networking landscape. Your responsibilities may include but not be limited to: - Ensure our partner providers maintain a high standard customer experience through empirical data and analytics - Act as a liaison between China in-country vendors and Apple engineers based overseas - Develop tools to monitor Apple’s Edge Infrastructure for retail stores, corporate networks and customer facing Internet Services - DNS and CDN on-call responsibilities as required This role is based in Shanghai, directly report to the IS&T Director, Greater China, with strong dotted line reporting to the Global Edge Services team.
Education & Experience
BS or equivalent education
- Experience of handling DNS data
- Familiarity with the networking landscape and challenges in China is nice to have
- Familiarity with Go, C++ or other languages preferred
- Knowledge of BGP, GSLB and CDN is a plus
- Fluent spoken and written English and Chinese preferred
- Every single day, people do amazing things at Apple, What will you do?
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.