Siri NLP Research Scientist
Beijing, Beijing, China
Software and Services
Research in Natural Language and Machine Learning has already made a deep impact in Apple’s front-line products, such as Siri. Research Scientists at Siri are taking this a step further by redefining artificial intelligence, and creating groundbreaking technology for natural language processing, machine learning, and large scale systems. Come join the Siri China team, and work with the people who created the intelligent assistant that helps millions of people get things done — just by asking.
- Expertise and experience in various facets of machine learning and natural language processing, such as classification, feature engineering, information extraction, structured prediction, clustering, semi-supervised learning, topic modeling and ranking
- Programming experience in one or more of the following: Java, C++, Python or equivalent
- Hard-working, self-starter, proven ability to manage multiple projects to strict deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact with all levels of engineers
- Contributions to research communities, e.g. ACL, NIPS, ICML, CVPR, etc.
- Native Chinese language speaker and proficiency of Mandarin Chinese
- Intimate knowledge of greater China region and its culture
The goal for this role is to take Apple’s Chinese voice assistant to the next level of intelligence and accuracy using advanced statistical techniques. From improving core modeling algorithms to creating experiments and implementing prototypes rapidly, Siri NLP Research Scientists work on newer challenges everyday. They work hand-in-hand with other engineers in the team to build and invent a phenomenal product with a prime focus on accuracy, understandability and performance of the product. This position involves a wide variety of skills and innovation, and is a unique opportunity that sits at the cutting-edge of machine learning and software engineering. Ultimately, your work would have a huge impact on hundreds of millions of users across the globe.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent, with 5+ years of industry experience