Product Safety Engineer
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
This position is in Apple's Product Safety Engineering department within Apple's Product Integrity organization. Our mission is to ensure that Apple products are safe for our customers to use throughout the world and also comply with worldwide safety requirements. Apple Product Safety is looking for an intern to join the Product Safety Test Lab team. This posi- tion, requires a self-motivated individual with strong technical skills who can contribute in a dy- namic team environment and work independently. You will support and execute test cases, develop and use different tools, and ensure the successful delivery of a test report.
- - Strong command of data analysis, modeling, and automation software. Strong technical writing and data analytic skills.
- - Quick learner and ability to work independently.
- - Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- - Knowledge of data analysis and statistics.
- - Proficiency with hand tools, electronic measurement equipment, scopes, and other sensors/ scanning suites — e.g. digital multimeter, high-speed video, microscopes, thermocouples— are desirable.
- - Proficient in iWork or MS Office productivity tools.
- - Good written and verbal communication skills with native fluency in Mandarin- Chinese. Functional proficiency in English required.
- - Project experience as in one of the following technologies is preferred: battery cells and or packs, PCB (e.g. SoC, Memory), and or power adapters/supplies.
DESCRIPTION: The Product Safety Lab Intern is expected to possess the engineering skills necessary for work- ing closely with the engineering team during all aspects of the test processes. The position will involve mainly in Battery Safety testing and Field SID analysis works. - Under the supervision of Safety engineers, support the development and documentation of test procedures, test plans, and corresponding reports. - Possess ability, skills, and expertise to execute tests per UL and IEC standards, or similar, under the mentorship engineer. - Specify and implement test process control and data collection methods, document for data integrity and traceability. - Interact with Apple internal test/lab groups make sure testing across different technology spaces are aligned and meet standards; ensure on-time completions and assessments. - Follow shipping, receiving, handling, and storage requirements to efficiently receive, transfer, store, and track shipments and test units. - Lead and maintain daily operations of test equipment and tools, keeping track of lab tools and supplies. - Ensure appropriate calibration and upkeep of equipment and related spaces. - Support equipment routine calibration, preventive maintenance, lab 5S, and internal EHS audits.
Education & Experience
- Bachelors in Electrical Engineering (or related field). - Postgraduate field in a relevant field is highly desired.