Hardware Systems Engineer - Mac
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Passion works here. Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Just be ready to dream big. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imaging what you could do here. At Apple, creative ideas have a way of becoming wonderful products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in the design and development of high speed digital and/or analog boards and systems.
- Direct experience in high volume computers /communication devices /consumer electronics preferred.
- Must have a solid understanding of the system development process including concept creation, schematics and board development, as well as board and system bring up and debugging.
- Must have direct experience with one or more of the following technologies: high speed bus design, low power design, industry standard protocols (PCIE, USB, wireless, thunderbolt, etc.) and their design issues.
- Software and scripting experience a plus.
- Superior communication skills in both English and Chinese.
As an Electrical Engineer for Mac Hardware, you will have opportunities to: - Participate in design and development of next generation mobile Mac products from concept to mass production. Support all hardware characterizations both at Cupertino and local sides, analyze test reports and address the conclusions. - Be the technical contact at OEM site to support various engineering builds. Represent the EE team in a cross-functional team environment. Helping factory with EE related issues and driving post ramp quality issues. - Be able to identify and prioritize EE related issues. Drive resolution of cross-functional issues including those related to architecture (performance, power consumption, thermal behavior), production (quality, failure analysis, manufacturing), and development (schematic design, PCB layout, and overall system integration). Good ability for issue summary and reporting. - Be able to manage vendor EE resources for better technical support.
Education & Experience
- BSEE required. MSEE preferred.