Marketing Manager, App Store & Apple Music, Greater China
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
We're searching for a dynamic, highly motivated senior marketer with phenomenal ideas and a real passion for content to run the marketing organization supporting our content businesses. As the Head of Marketing, you'll be the primary person responsible for the strategy and execution of marketing programs to grow and support the App Store, Apple Music and iTunes in Greater China. You will be collaborating with corporate and local team members responsible for marketing programs, sales, partners, content, and product management for these services. We are looking for an experienced marketer with a deep understanding of entertainment services marketing, a knowledge of digital marketing channels, and/or subscription marketing. You should be organised and results driven with experience in handling multiple projects simultaneously and to tight deadlines. You should have excellent communication skills to work across a complex matrix organisation, and should be able to build positive relationships with key partners to help deliver world-class marketing programs and partnerships. If you are a marketing and digital enthusiast, love keeping up with pop culture, passionate about how technology shapes our future, and most of all, are excited about the role apps, music, movies, and games play in people’s lives, then we are keen to hear from you.
- Experience in an App, digital, Music, subscription, or media business.
- Fantastic relationship and account management abilities, and excellent communication skills.
- Experience developing business & content strategies, focusing on customers + growth.
- Excellent people management skills, including setting goals, driving performance, and encouraging development.
- A deep understanding of digital entertainment trends and influences in Greater China is key.
- Experience in developing and executing large national consumer marketing programs.
- Seasoned leadership skills with demonstrated ability to present to senior management.
- Skilled at developing and exercising cross-functional influence.
- Attention to detail and excellent project management skills running schedules, deliverables, cross-functional responsibilities, etc.
- A highly motivated team-player who is able to work in dynamic environment.
- Deep understanding of marketing channels and which ones work the best based on the objective.
- Ideally, you'll have over 10 years of relevant marketing (digital, entertainment) experience, as well as over 5 years in people management.
- Mandarin Chinese and English fluency required.
This position is responsible for: 1. developing impactful marketing strategies and programs to reach the apps, music, and video, markets in Greater China to grow Apple’s content and service businesses 2. managing the marketing team for App Store, Apple Music and iTunes Greater China. 3. helping launch new business ventures. 4. marketing programs that are well-integrated with the iTunes content stores and Apple’s iPhone, iPad, and other businesses working with Editorial and Partner Relations, Corporate Communications and Marketing Communications teams in both Greater China and Cupertino. The role includes developing, managing, and executing scalable, high-impact marketing programs with a variety of internal and external teams. This will include marketing vendors and partner companies focused on Greater China, such as game developers, record labels, movie studios, online businesses, as well as other online and offline marketing entities. Your success in the role will be measured according to your ability to execute on marketing programs attracting new customers, leading to the growth in business. You'll implement programs that are relevant for Greater China, explore and capitalize on untapped opportunities, and effectively manage the local marketing team. The programs you develop will be assessed based on overall impact on customer excitement that leads to revenue, cost-effectiveness, return on investment, and alignment with company goals and strategies.
Education & Experience
BA/BS required; MBA a plus