Data Center Construction Project Manager
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Do you have a passion for working on massive construction projects? Are you capable of bringing some of the most innovative design and technology insights to life? Are you able to collaborate and balance between cross-functional priorities through multiple phases of projects? As a member of our Data Center Construction team you will manage all aspects of development for some of the most innovative and energy efficient data centers in the world. This project management position will support our data center growth by coordinating with various teams including design, construction, network and operations to bring our ideas from paper to building and ultimately to the cloud.
- Deep knowledge of the construction industry, design process, and construction practices.
- Proficient in speaking English and strong written communication in English.
- Strong background in data center/commercial/industrial construction to include mechanical, electrical, process piping, plumbing building systems, tenant improvement, site work and ground up construction.
- Management of LEED certified projects.
- Skilled in reading design and construction drawings for all disciplines.
- Ability to develop cost estimates, schedules, and analyze Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
- Experience with greenfield sites and associated entitlements entitlements.
- Experience with utility infrastructure, including construction and coordination of local utilities to site.
- Experience with the fast track design build construction model.
- Solid knowledge of data center facilities and their operation.
- Ability to manage multiple projects including equipment upgrades and modifications within live data center production environments in parallel with new construction efforts.
- Excellent planning, analytical, organization and problem solving skills.
- The ability to work independently and as a team member to drive projects to their objectives/goals.
- Ability to gracefully adjust to meet changing circumstances such as reassignment of project priority, implementation of design enhancements/upgrades, and customer needs.
- Ability to provide useful input on design and constructibility.
- Fluent and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to establish and maintain close working relationships with management, colleagues, team members, internal and external stakeholders.
- The ability to fully utilize Apple products to do your job as efficiently as possible.
The project will be constructed North, China. The candidate will need to be onsite but can be based in an adjacent city. Candidate must be able to speak both Chinese and English. •Manage and support the local design institute and foreign design professionals including architects, engineers, and other specialty consultants from initial programming to construction completion. •Ability to manage due diligence of project sites and to assist with entitlements. •Professionally represent Apple’s interest at all meetings with Consultants, General Contractors, and Suppliers. •Engage and maintain positive working relationships with the local jurisdictions/departments. •Meet with internal strategic engineering groups, operations and business units to determine detailed project requirements. •Drive both internal and external stakeholders to meet deadlines as required per the project delivery schedule. •Create and maintain the project budget including securing internal approvals for capital funding. •Provide budget analysis (cost models and trending) and value engineering. •Engage and manage General Contractors to include competitive bidding and negotiation. •Review and comment on contracts and terms and conditions as it pertains to costing and deliverables for a project or scope.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Construction Management