Payroll Reporting Lead
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Apple’s Payroll Team is seeking a Reporting Lead skilled at providing the highest quality support to our employees in a highly dynamic environment. Driver for APAC & GC’s reporting & reconciliations strategy & processes, implementation, utilisation’s and tools maintenance. Play a leadership role in the Customer First’s space , coming up with L&D, initiatives and collaborate with business partners / global H2R to improve metrics / customer satisfaction survey. Participates in all processes of system and process conversions. This candidate must be flexible, manage change, and thoroughly understand processes across functional groups.
- Experience in a high volume, multi-state payroll organization
- Knowledge of system development, conversion, and related project management methodology
- Identify and request high quality solutions via system configuration that meet overall business requirements.
- Ability to analyze and convey compliance requirements into functional specifications and technical design documents
- more than 5 - 8 years of related payroll / financial and/or project experience working in a complex organization.
- 6+ years working on project implementation teams or as project lead
- Proficiency in Project Life Cycle Methodology
- Understanding of payroll administration, processes and tools will be an advantage
- Proficiency with Excel and ad hoc report writing tools
- Ability to work outside of standard hours to ensure payroll processing deadlines are met
- Ability to identify key stakeholders and successfully influence without authority
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Strong interpersonal skills and a high degree of collaboration at all levels
- Excellent organizational skills, detail oriented, ability to prioritize and multi-task and meet deadlines
- Manage resources, efforts, and timelines involved in the development of processes, programs, and projects
- Collaborates with various levels of management to develop schedules, procedures, and systems
Reporting, SLA & Customer First Support Payroll Operations in pulling data / informations from various sources for new reconciliations / reporting / analysis and implement scalable process for ongoing utilisations. Set up tableau reporting views to monitor operations’ SLA on Sugar queries response / aging , volume and processing metrics Drive initiatives to improve customer satisfaction surveys Work across Benefits / HRHL / Recruiting / People BPR and with Ops Leads / Analysts to support continuous process improvements / business initiatives to achieve Customers Firsts. Drive monthly discussions with HRHL / review operational challenges, gaps, training areas. Work with L&D to Identify 2-3 relevant courses to improve on customers handling skills for Payroll Operations. Process Automations Applies report writing tools or work with Global Comps Services teams to identify viable methods or solutions in the analysis, design and development of complicated ad-hoc reports to meet the needs of payroll operations and regulatory agencies. Contributes technical and analytical skills to identify opportunities to streamline and automate existing processes or refresh/replace existing productivity tools. Support existing reconciliations tools used by analysts. Co-ordinate Ops’ migrations to Box and support ongoing Box’s structure and governance. Drive a routine process to collate updates on respective countries’ Payroll Ops’ tasks lists, with key process documented and detailed work instructions by analysts . Year End Reporting Work with Ops leads and analysts to identify tools and reporting requirements to support year end reconciliations & data cleansing exercise. Maintain a structure and annual calendar to initiate year end planning, task readiness and completions.
Education & Experience