Sr. Network Engineer
Beijing, Beijing, China
Software and Services
Come to join the Information Systems & Technology (IS&T) network team that support Apple’s external facing apps! We're a fun team of sharp engineers that provide network design, operations and software development support. The team directly influences daily operations of iTunes, iCloud, Maps, Siri and other Apple’s other Internet facing services in order to maximize efficiency, consistency and availability. Our team is responsible for Apple's Data Center/Colo Network Infrastructure globally. Candidates will have a solid background in network infrastructure implementation and support. This person will need to excel in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and deliver solutions across a complex network. Must be a collaborative team player and participate in active network discussions and solutions.
- At least 7 years of Network Operations and/or engineering/design background - In-depth experience in IP, BGP, MPLS, MP-BGP, IS-IS, RSVP and LDP.
- Solid understanding of WAN in a context of service provider, and/or very large-scale enterprise environments.
- Experience supporting large-scale peering/transit networks, with a sound knowledge of complex traffic engineering and Internet routing policies.
- Hands-on experience with carrier-grade routers and operating systems required.
- Proficiency in either OS X, Linux, or other variations of UNIX.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, including proven abilities to adapt to
- dynamic project environments, while able to manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Strong troubleshooting methodology and experience in an operational environment.
- Experienced in operating complex large-scale networks.
- Self-starter, self-motivated, self-directed and self-sufficient
Join us as we build the next generation platform to support Internet Services in China and Globally! As a member of the Core Network Services Operations team, the successful candidate will be responsible for global operations of the MPLS backbone, as well as supporting its extensive DC/Edge/Internet connectivity. You will also work as the Tier-3 escalation point for the Network Operations Center (NOC) and various Implementation groups and as such, will need to be well versed in networking technologies from Layer 1 through Layer 7. The candidate will also need to demonstrate leadership and collaboration skills with Apple’s cross-functional teams to build and maintain the networking infrastructure. Responsibilities also include development and maintaining of clear documentations/ procedures associated with designing and implementing new deployments, as well as sustaining operations, while obsessing over minute details to drive operational excellence in every aspect of their work to deliver the best customer experience possible to our users. This position provides the opportunity to build and manage a world-wide, multi-vendor carrier-class network, while supporting the growth of China Internet services. This role is based in Shanghai, directly reporting to the IS&T Team Manager, with strong dotted line reporting to Global Network Services team.
Education & Experience
BS or equivalent education
- Fluent spoken and written English and Chinese preferred
- Regular domestic/international travels may be required
- Early morning or late night calls may be required
- BS or equivalent education