Plastics Tooling Process Engineer
Nanshan, Guangdong, China
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- Position requires 10+ years in the mold making and molding industry.
- Extensive experience in tooling design and manufacturing required.
- RJG Master Molder Certification would be an asset
- Knowledge of plastic materials and design for manufacturing in terms of geometry and cosmetic quality.
- Familiar with SPC techniques and the Scientific Molding process
- Experience in developing plastic processing parameters.
- Experience in managing complex development programs with overseas vendors (Asia) is preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are necessary.
- Frequent travel to Asia is required.
Lead the development of new plastic injection tooling projects to meet a wide range of product performance and cosmetic requirements. Lead Apple suppliers to design and produce world-class plastic tooling. Manage tool design and build, tool and process development and tool qualifications at the supplier. Troubleshoot molding and manufacturing processes to mitigate production defects. Collaborate with supply management, product design, industrial design, and manufacturing engineering groups on material selection, design feasibility and aesthetics of new plastic part & tooling designs. Serve as Apple’s internal plastic tooling and manufacturing expert by leveraging a thorough understanding of properties of various mold-making materials and tool component fabrication techniques. Institute continuous process improvement measures from initial product design through production ramp of new products. Proficient with the use of Design For Manufacturing, SPC, DOE and Six Sigma techniques. Take the leading role in driving the improvement of productivity and quality of plastic part manufacturing, molding and tooling techniques. Train engineers at supplier plants in Asia to utilize new tooling materials and fabrication techniques. Develop collaborative relationships with Apple suppliers through training and quality control visits. Advise supplier plants on maintaining correct controls on the processes. BS or MS Plastics Engineer preferred
Education & Experience
BS or MS Plastics Engineer preferred