Product Marketing Manager, App Store Greater China
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Software and Services
We’ve all found apps we love, and apps that have changed our lives. Apps transform the ways we learn, work, travel, have fun, and pursue our passions. In 2008, the App Store launched with 500 apps. Now there are more than 2 million. And so our team challenged ourselves: How can we offer more perspective and insight? How do we showcase the work of innovative developers? How can we make the App Store a place our customers will want to come to every single day? We’re hiring people who want to help make that happen. Apple is looking for a dynamic, highly motivated Product Marketing Manager for the App Store, in China. Apple’s App Store is present on iOS, macOS, tvOS, watchOS as well as Messages. Working within Product Marketing, this position will be the champion for App Store locally, collaborate with relevant stakeholders to drive successful product launches and sustain momentum, and build customer messaging. A critical responsibility of the App Store PMM would be to have a deep understanding of what Chinese customers want from the App Store taking into account local needs, competition, and future market trends. Armed with this deep knowledge of customer, local product, and market needs, the App Store PMM must work closely with World Wide Product Marketing in Cupertino to shape the product experience to meet and exceed the needs of local customers. Equally important would be for the PMM to collaborate with the App Store business team and local Developer Relations to support revenue and monetisation goals for the Apps business. To be successful in this role, you should demonstrate a strong passion for Apple products, a solid understanding of and experience in marketing innovative products, the ability to tell engaging product stories, and to analyse business and customer insights to help inform decisions.
- 10+ years experience in product marketing. Experience in software, hardware, and or consumer electronics industries is preferred but not conditional.
- Familiarity across Apple products, with knowledge of App Store, iOS, macOS, watchOS, tvOS, and Apple hardware.
- Deep passion for Apps and various categories including Games and Subscriptions
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English and Mandarin, with demonstrated success as a product spokesperson. Additional advantage if the candidate can speak Cantonese.
- Curiosity, a passion for excellence, ability to ask the right questions, and the love of working as part of a team.
- Experience and deep knowledge of industry trends, Apps, internet and services space and related technologies in the mobile computing and/or communications space in China.
- Experience working with international teams in a multi-national company will be a plus.
- Technical fluency with the ability to translate features into consumer benefits.
- Flexibility to travel (30/40% of the time).
- This position is based in Shanghai.
Support launch activities for App Store in China. Deliver product briefings and presentations on key product messages, as well as product positioning, market insights and opportunities, as appropriate. Own consistency in product messaging across all customer touch points. Define and develop initiatives and plans that drive product strategy, consumer adoption and advocacy in the market by working closely with Marcom, Developer Relations, the App Store Business team, and Corporate Communications. Closely follow new technologies, consumer, social trends, competitive and third party products, making recommendations on how our products will leverage or fit into those emerging trends. Clearly articulate any local recommendations and provide feedback to internal teams and management.
Education & Experience
Bachelor or advance degrees in CS, EE, etc. from a reputed university preferred.