Audio Product Design Engineer
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
We invent the next generation of the world's finest consumer electronics. As a member of our Audio Product Design team, you would conceive, design, test, solve problems, and bring into production products that re-define the music experience. We work closely with many different multi-functional teams including Industrial Design, Audio Engineering, Packaging, Safety, Hardware Engineering, EMC, Operations and Marketing. Expertly integrating so many different pieces into brand new products means every single day is different.
- 3+ years experience in product design
- Demonstrated ability in plastic and metal part design
- 3-D CAD skills
- Accurate mechanical intuition
- Experience in Design for Manufacturability (DFM), and Design for Assembly (DFA), statistical tolerance analysis techniques, functional dimensioning, and geometric tolerancing.
- Deep analytical/problem solving skills and ability to use statistical tools and techniques.
- Working knowledge of finite element analysis theory and general mechanical engineering analysis.
- Flexibility and comfort working in a quickly changing environment.
- Ability to travel internationally (20%+).
- Preferred Experience:
- Experience working with overseas manufacturers
- Consumer electronics design experience Integration of wireless antenna (GSM, GPS, Wifi) into mechanical enclosures
- Experience with component modules (Audio drivers, batteries, power supplies, camera modules, etc.)
- Design of audio subsystems (microphone, speaker, receiver)
- Ability to communicate in Mandarin
We live in a mobile and device driven world where knowledge of the physical world around us is needed. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. Apple is meeting those needs as robustly and as creatively as possible and is passionate about people who want to help meet that commitment. The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If that sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering, Masters preferred