Computer Vision/Machine Learning Algorithm Engineer
Beijing, Beijing, China
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! The Camera & Photos team is looking for a skilled computer vision/machine learning algorithm engineer to join us in building the next generation camera software technologies for iOS and macOS.
- Strong computer vision, machine learning, and signal- and video-processing background, with hands-on experience in building real systems
- Experience in exploratory and applied algorithm research: Driving solutions from vaguely specified problem descriptions through iterative exploration and prototyping to robust implementations
- Experience building signal-, image-, and video processing based applications on real hardware
- Previous work on barcode scanning engines or related technologies a plus
- Hands-on experience with QR codes and other barcodes in the consumer space, preferably as a direct user of features, a strong plus
- Strong Python development skills
- Comfortable with object-oriented programming and design in compiled languages (C++, etc.)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ideally, you have hands-on experience with Apple platform SDKs
- You’re used to communicating with a diverse team composed of experts and novices, in technical and non-technical roles
Our team builds the barcode scanning engine exposed to developers across Apple's software ecosystem via the CoreImage, AVFoundation, and Vision frameworks. This technology enables not only barcode scanning in apps like Camera and Wallet, but also for tens of thousands of 3rd party iOS apps. We are looking for a skilled algorithm engineer to help build the next generation of these features. If this matches your interest, we'd love to hear from you!
Education & Experience
M.S., Ph.D. in Computer Science or a related field (Mathematics, Statistics, Physics or Electrical and/or Computer engineering) with a focus in any of these areas: machine learning, computer vision, signal-, image- and video processing.