Software Engineer - Strategic Data Services
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Are you ready to apply your educational experience to real-world problems? Are you passionate about applying your data skills in a real-world tech environment? Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple’s Strategic Data Services (SDS) team is responsible for mitigating fraud, waste and abuse company-wide while optimizing and empowering our customers and internal partners. SDS Data Science Engineering is building an environment to enable ground breaking data analysis over Petabytes of data. We work side-by-side with data scientists and implement scalable, easy-to-use systems and tools. We are seeking a customer-focused, passionate and driven Data Science Engineer with experience in building analytic tools and solutions.
- Mastery of one of Python, Java, Scala, Clojure, or similar language.
- Experience with Relational databases or NoSQL databases.
- Proven understanding of the full software development lifecycle including testing, continuous integration, and deployment.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills.
- Solid grasp of computer science fundamentals including data structures and algorithms.
- Proven ability to evaluate and apply new technologies in a short time.
- Self-motivated, proactive, and solution-oriented.
- Experience with cloud platform services desired.
With the expansive data we have, our job is to build meaningful data relationships and engagement experiences for our customers. If you’re interested in being a part of a team that’s constantly learning and problem-solving, we’d love to talk with you. As a Data Science Engineer on the SDS team, you will work closely with Data Scientists and other Data Science Engineers to lead the design and implementation of systems and tools to support the efforts of SDS. You will be: - Developing and implementing production software for preventing fraud, optimizing operations, and improving customer experience. - Designing system architectures. - Working with internal business teams to integrate data and decision-making. - Innovating by recognizing opportunities for automation and tools improvements. - Providing technical leadership for a team of data scientists.
Education & Experience
BS or MS degree in computer science or equivalent field.
- • Experience in building data science or data analysis tools a plus.
- • Machine learning background a plus.
- • Familiarity with Agile software development process, Test-Driven development and Continuous Integration a plus.