Senior Program Manager, Internet Services China
Beijing, Beijing, China
Software and Services
China is one of Apple’s largest and most important markets for Internet Services. We are looking for a great Senior Program Manager to help drive the growth and investment to support our Internet Services in China. You take ownership; you feel a personal stake in your projects; you communicate responsibilities and scope clearly; you value integrity; you manage conflict; you need to know how things work; you work for the success of the entire ecosystem; you thrive in uncertainty and strive to bring order to it; you have judgement and make decisions; you keep your eye on the ball; you build strong relationships; you are aware of politics but do not get mired in them; you are constantly looking to improve yourself and your team; you see around corners; and you deliver. Proficiency in Mandarin and English is required. Location can be in Beijing or Shanghai.
- Proven track record in program/product management in complex projects, specifically with telecom carriers in China (China Telecom, China Mobile or China Unicom).
- Experience negotiating and building relationships with internal and external partners.
- A clear track record of making a difference in the projects you drive.
- Naturally accountable and responsible.
- Self-starting, self-motivated, self-directed, and self-sufficient.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills (written and verbal) to all levels of an organization.
- Strong facilitation skills.
- Drive process improvements through tools and other efficiencies
- Experience navigating various government requirements, in China, is required.
We're looking for someone with proven track record of owning and delivering complex projects under demanding timelines with our carrier partners in China. Our investment in Internet Services in China is growing substantially and presents many unique challenges. You are expected to understand how our projects intersect with business, product, finance, government affairs and legal, and build awareness and capabilities in those areas. You are expected to build strong relationships across Apple, and with our partners and vendors in China. You will drive negotiations, both internally and externally. You will participate in supplier interviews, and once contracts are signed, help drive execution of those agreements from SLAs to payments to contract amendments. While this is not a pure technical role, the responsibilities include driving and influencing engineering requirements with teams across Apple. Understanding technical issues and effective communication with engineering teams is a must. This is a hands-on position. The Program Manager will be involved in requirements analysis, functional and architecture design discussions, working with partners, managing sensitive government issues, external negotiations, and more. You will be responsible for successful outcomes and delivery.
Education & Experience
BS or equivalent required.