Apple Support Senior Area Manager - Chengdu
Chengdu, Sichuan, China
Support and Service
You’re a problem-solver and passionate about customers! You know what it takes to support a team to craft an incredible customer experience with every interaction. You are able to coach, mentor and lead a group of Area Managers, providing help when they need it and bringing out their very best. You know how to provide feedback and manage performance. You have a knack for strategic planning, program development, and forecasting business needs. If you are ready to inspire and lead, join Apple and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple has an opportunity to join the Apple Support Technical Customer Support department as a Senior Area Manager. Working within the Apple Support organisation, you will report to the JAPAC Apple Support Contact Centre Business Manager and will have responsibility for leading multichannel, multilingual technical customer support teams. Our teams provide support for Apple's products and services including Apple Watch, iPhone, iPad, iPod, and Mac.
- 5+ years of contact centre leadership
- Fluency in Mandarin, Simplified Chinese, and English
- Strong knowledge and experience of contact centre operations and technologies, including latest industry best-practises in the areas of recruitment, analytics/reporting, workforce management and quality monitoring.
- Strong ability to lead multiple projects/people at the same time
- Able to maintain extraordinary relationships with cross functional partners such as: Training, Recruiting, Scheduling, Reporting and Analysis and our OSV team
- Experience working with HR on employee management and policies/procedures
- Able to present to senior leaders
- Experience of managing and motivating a large organisation, including matrix reporting structures.
- Proactive individual with strong business acumen
- Customer focus with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Enjoy working in a challenging often changing environment
- Strong process and analytical skills
- Experience working with HR on employee management, policies/procedures
At Apple, we believe in hard work, a fun environment, and the kind of creativity and innovation that only comes about when talented people from diverse backgrounds approach problems from varying perspectives. We believe each customer interaction is an opportunity to delight, impress, engage and inspire. We focus on all the small details to have the biggest impact. As an Apple Support Senior Area Manager, you'll be responsible for leading a group of Area Managers who manage teams that provide customer support for Apple products and services. This role is responsible for timely day to day execution of business requirements cascading from the Business Management team. This will allow for scalability and more strategic focus at the Business Manager level. You will be responsible for the following: - Lead a direct team of approximately 5-6 operations managers - Ensure effective communication within the business by holding staff meetings, and Advisor roundtables to provide clear and concise direction - Provide development to all levels of employees from Advisor to manager level, ensure successful succession planning within the operation - Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function - Drive call centre performance to meet critical KPI’s, with particular focus on quality and satisfaction metrics - Translation of the strategic direction into tactical operational strategy and decision-making - Catalyst in providing feedback on current tools, policies, and procedures - Drive initiatives that increase efficiency to help scale and improve the business - Drive operational improvements as it relates to customer satisfaction - Ensure representatives are properly trained when products are upgraded and new products are released - Drive operational improvements, share best practices, seek and take action on improvement opportunities
Education & Experience
Masters/Bachelors degree ideally, however applicants with equivalent experience in this area will also be considered
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.