Regional Freight Manager
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. You are at Apple don’t just build products - you build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of you and your ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. This is a regional role based in Shanghai, responsible for the management and execution of bulk/parcel freight (Air/Road/Train) in mainland of China. The role is covering import/export portion for the revenue shipment and after sales parts routed within mainland of China. This person shall oversee the day-to-day operations, managing its 3rd party logistics suppliers across the line of business to meet or exceed service levels. The candidate is expected to be a self-starter, work towards to the goal & target independently. The candidate is also expected to be managing the communication in a fluent English & Mandarin speaking. A self-motivated skillset is required in driving continuous improvement & innovation in his/her represented job scope & responsibility.
- Minimum 5-8 year experiences in logistics industry across bulk and parcel freight. Bachelor degree with related majority.
- Strong functional knowledge on domestic air/road freight market, standard methodologies, industry benchmarking.
- Solid knowledge to customs import/export, as well as CIQ and other local import requirements.
- Fundamental knowledge to freight related compliance requirement, such as CSTCG, MSDS, UN38.3, IATA PI965-970, Automatic Import License, CCC, Duty/Tax payment, Guarantee Letter, etc.
- Strong vendor management skills and working experience with major 3PLs in APAC.
- Experience in B2B or B2C leading company is preferred.
- Concreted people management experience and group development skill set.
- Strong communication skills in English and Chinese.
- Able to travel as required on short notices to international or domestic cities to support China Logistics overall requirements.
Drive 3PLs for operations excellence around on-time execution, losses and damage, track & trace, freight payment metrics. Collaborate with 3PLs for strategic initiatives around capacity management, volume fluctuations, cost savings, process/system enhancements. Leverage on freight forwarder resources to ensure operations execution, shipment status reporting and exceptions management, and timely resolution of shipment issues. Support of new product launch processes including finished goods and service level components Develop the best service level for the best CSAT Period review of 3PL infrastructure and partners to ensure support for scale and growth. Ensure redundancy in supply chain network for critical lanes and segments. Strong vendor management ensuring they have a proper team structure in place aligned per our need and have clear goals aligned with yearly plans. Ability to lead cost optimization program Other projects and tasks as required.
Education & Experience
Good understanding of all Microsoft Office packages Knowledge of SAP / ERP systems Knowledge of RMA processes Educated to BA degree level or higher