Suzhou, Jiangsu, China
Operations and Supply Chain
Imaging what you could do here. At Apple, our creative ideas have a way of becoming wonderful products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Mechanical Supplier Quality Engineer role for Beats team is instrumental in maintaining the quality of Beats’ mechanical components manufactured at various supplier sites. As part of the Manufacturing Design organization, he/she will work well with and support both the Supplier Based Engineering and Mechanical Design teams. This person will also work closely with other multi-functional teams in the Operations and Engineering organizations, including, but not limited to the GSMs, PQMs, and MEs. You will be an integral part of supplier resolution on component quality related issues, while working to maintain the highest level of quality throughout product development and into mass production.
- We are looking for you with -
- - 5+ year experience in the factory or development area.
- - Hands-on experience in handling and performing QA activities such as EVT, DVT, PFMEA, PVT, ORT, FAI, IQC, MRB, IPQC, FQC, OQC, OBA, etc.
- - Authoritative knowledge in root cause analysis and corrective action and use of quality tools such 8D, FMEA, Fishbone Diagram, 5Ms, 5Ys, SPC, etc. Strong working knowledge of ISO 9001:2008 standards.
- - Good communication skill to oversee with cross function team.
- - Understanding on tolerance stack up analysis. Good command of excel, Mini-tab or JMP. Experience in measurement techniques and can review supplier for actual measurement tools and equipment – OMM, CMM, jig design.
- - Experience of factory manufacturing and new product introduction.
- - Good reporting skills and data analysis.
- - Proficient in written and verbal English.
We are expecting you to Lead suppliers for injection, painting process and metal process include CNC, stamping and crafting…etc. Provide direction to suppliers, developing quality system to ensure quality and reliability. Work with cross-function team to define quality control plan from develop stage to mass production. - Define MSA (GR&R, CPK, MSOP) in manufacturing and test process. - Lead multi-functional teams and suppliers to handle IQC and OQC inspections at supplier. - Coordinates supplier QE and define copy line qualification item by 4M1E. oSet up quality review system and co-work/communication with cross- function team for issue clarification. - Lead supplier for issue analysis, data collection and issue aim. - Build and review lesson learn document with supplier to prevent issue repeated occurrence. For monitor - Review and lead with supplier for quality improvement and opening issue tracing by daily and weekly. - Irregularly audited for both product and manufacturing process. - Lead monthly ORT program at each of the supplier sites, follow up on actionable failures. - Enclosure mechanical parts, evaluates reliability test method and item to achieve design specifications.
Education & Experience
Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Master’s Degree preferred.