Social Writer, Greater China Marcom
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
The role of the Marketing Communications group at Apple is to ensure flawless development and execution of world-class communications in support of Apple’s business goals. Based in Shanghai, as a member of the Apple’s Greater China Marcom team, the Social Media Writer will be responsible for maintaining Apple’s tone of voice on social medias in China.
- At least 8 years of experience in an advertising agency or digital agency in Mainland China, with 2 years or above copywriting experience for social media campaigns.
- Solid creative expertise with strong conceptual skills.
- Experience with international brands.
- Native mainland Mandarin speaker, with good comprehension of both spoken and written English.
- Must be attentive to details and the nuances of crafting good copy.
- Collaborative and open-minded. Able to work well with the creatives and producers on the team, including freelancers and external partners.
- Self-disciplined, able to work independently.
- Able to work under pressure and within short time frames.
- Able to travel to California up to 4 times a year, for 2-3 weeks at a time.
The Social Media Writer will be responsible for all copywriting for Apple’s social media campaigns in China. You will need to write original headlines and bodycopy, and also need to work on copy adaptation from English to Chinese. You will be also responsible for supervising the work produced by Apple’s external vendors. The Social Media Writer will work closely with creative teams from both Apple internal and external vendors, to ensure all social media materials are culturally relevant for the China market and that they’re well written.
Education & Experience
Bachelor or above degree in advertising, communication, etc.