Beijing, Beijing, China
Machine Learning and AI
The Siri design team is looking for inventive interaction and voice designers who are ready to apply their expertise to the exciting challenges of conversational interaction design. This is a unique opportunity to shape the intelligence and interaction model behind consumer products that radically change how people use technology.
- 4+ years work experience in interaction design for consumer products
- Master's degree in HCI, Interaction Design, or related discipline, or Bachelor's degree with extensive work experience
- Demonstrated experience in articulating, negotiating, and refining design solutions with stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with software engineers and other development team members
- Native Mandarin Chinese with excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Strong abilities in sketching, mocking up, and evaluating interaction design
- A strong portfolio demonstrating both personal and team-based work
Siri designers apply a broad range of user experience design skills to envision, design, and specify conversational behaviors. They analyze content domains, create scenarios and use cases, define verbal query patterns, determine interaction flows, create design specifications, and write Siri responses. And they work collaboratively on multi-disciplinary, cross-functional teams with people from speech, natural language, human interface, server and client engineering, localization, editorial, marketing, project management, data science and other specialties. Experience with conversational interaction design and its related technologies (natural language understanding, speech recognition, dialog generation, and speech synthesis) is highly desirable. Ideal candidates also have considerable experience designing for mobile devices and services, and are adept at synthesizing requirements, constraints, and multiple points of view to create useful and delightful conversational experiences. Finally, candidates must be able to advocate for design at all stages of the work and at all organizational levels, and demonstrate a history of close and productive collaboration with software engineers and engineering managers.
Education & Experience
Master's degree in HCI or related discipline; or Bachelor's degree with extensive work experience.
- Solid experience designing voice-operated user interfaces or conversational agents
- Deep understanding of China user needs and market trends
- Expertise in qualitative user research methods and research analysis
- Expertise in creating, conducting, and analyzing usability evaluations
- Interactive prototyping skills
- Technical writing and communications design