NPI Mechanical Process Engineer
Nanshan, Guangdong, China
Operations and Supply Chain
Imaging what you could do here. At Apple, creative ideas have a way of becoming wonderful products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- We are looking for the applicants with
- 5+ years of experience in issue debug
- Proficience in written and verbal English
- Be able to work independently under high pressure and tight schedule
- Hands-on experience and deep understanding on: Assembly SOP definition and review; Assembly fixture development and qualification; Manual and auto assembly equipment definition and qualification;Key process parameter optimisation via DOE (Design,perform DOE and review data); Systematic assembly readiness of above item and document review;Mechanical DFM review and come out improvement plan with PD;Mechanical tolerance analyse; Mechanical issue failure analyse; Provide solution and follow up action plan;
- With leadership to drive manufacture site member complete every activity
- Good communication with cross-function team to clarify issue.
We are expecting you to - Be responsible for manufacturing research and development to pursue complex manufacturing problems that immediately impact to product cost, quality and delivery of audio products. - Define and develop assembly tool of fixture or equipment through the application of theoretical and practical engineering to complete design and feature. - Set and perform standard procedure to qualify the assembly tool. Not only for main tool but for copy tool. - Optimize the key parameter of assembly tool through DOE (design of experiment) and statistic to fulfill product spec. - Set process control point or parameter which is significant to quality for process to ensure no process issue and reliability test. - Review assembly SOP to ensure critical assembly procedure is included. - Provide early and ongoing involvement with the engineering team to ensure new product is mechanically manufacturable. DFM knowledge and skill is significant. - Provide manufacturing expertise to engineering team during product development. - Conduct tolerance analysis of lamination and cosmetic performance, and work with the engineering team and ensure the key dimension and profile is controlled in 2D drawing. For risk item, come out control and validation plan with the engineering team and drive it happened. - Conduct mechanical failure analysis in production line and drive the solution and validation happened.
Education & Experience
Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Master’s Degree ee helpful.
- === EQUAL OPPORTUNITY ===
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.