IS&T System Manager
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Software and Services
Do your life’s best work here now. With the whole world watching. The people here at Apple don’t just create products - they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionised entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Based out of Shanghai, this role is part of the APAC Information System & Technology (IS&T) function to support Apple’s supply chains and procurement operations as well as Finance and Channel Sales in China. The role requires a mix of techno-functional and leadership skills to deliver complex projects and operational support in a highly integrated, heterogeneous landscape working with multi-functional teams in different locations. You'll lead a group of motivated individuals to partner with the business and technical teams to implement solutions and support critical operations. You will be expected to effectively lead the team and consistently handle yours and your team’s work for the best results. This job is an opportunity to do more than you ever thought possible while making an impact on globally recognized products and brand. You have experience as subject matter expert in supply chain planning and operations from procurement to planning execution, with supply chain management in outsourced production environment. You should have a super excited attention to detail, and a validated ability to influence and collaborate across all levels of the organization.
- 10+ year implementation experience for business applications and enterprise systems
- 3+ year of experience in leading a team of 5 or more high performance engineering/functional team
- You have well-rounded application experience, solution design exposure and good understanding of supply chain management and channel sales
- You have a good grasp of custom software development, package application implementation and project life cycle tools and methodologies.
- You have strong analytical, technical, and problem-solving skills and are able to collaborate with functional, technical and global design and development teams.
- Track record of collaboration across matrix organization and good social skills.
- You can communicate effectively both verbally and in writing to provide clear and concise communication to technical and non-technical multi-functional teams.
- Collaborate with other teams in order to resolve conflicts in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with key partners and cultivate trust by delivering on all dedications.
- You have the ability to operate and drive works without solid line responsibility.
- Familiarity with Optimization/ Solver algorithms and Machine Learning topics is a plus
- Self starter with innovation, integrity and attention to details
We are seeking an extraordinary leader to lead a virtual team of hardworking and high performing project managers, application engineers and system analysts. Most projects and key initiatives you handle will involve Apple Procurement Operations and also close ties with Sales Operations in the region. There is constant interaction with business, BPR and other IT partners across the various locations in getting work done. You will encounter many situations that demand understanding, solving and communicating complex technical, project or process and issues in concise and objective manner. You have ability to thrive in exhilarating circumstances and lead difficult situations in our dynamic work environment. We will require you to demonstrate a deep understanding of multi-function operational processes within Product Operations, Material Procurement, Production Planning and Logistics. A strategic thinker who can ‘connect the dots’ of the bigger picture, as well as handle in the details of the deliverables. We seek a self-starter, someone with a strong work ethic and strong leadership skills who will be a role model for others on the team and able to thrive in a fast moving, dynamic, sometimes ambiguous environment.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Information Technology or equivalent work experience.