Mac System Software Engineer
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Software and Services
The Mac System Software Team within Apple CoreOS China is seeking an exceptional software engineer to help with debugging and developing the whole software stacks of Mac system for future generations of Macs. Weʼre looking for detail oriented engineers with exceptional problem solving skills and passion for quality who want to define and build future Mac systems.
- Have at least 3 years' work experience in PC industry related (laptop, desktop, server platform or embedded system).
- A genuine passion for debugging and fixing complicated system issues.
- Extensive knowledge of hardware platforms & processor architectures.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in EFI, OS and firmware developing and debugging.
- A strong software development background to develop new software features/debugging tools/diagnose software.
- Demonstrated creative and critical independent-thinking capabilities and troubleshooting skills.
- A genuine passion for improving, quality and making perfect products.
- Industry exposure to and knowledge of OS tools and UNIX internals.Know stuff like kernel internal such as memory management, process management, file system, drivers and also shell scripting, etc. Not just "I can do perl”.
- Objective-C/Cocoa programming/Xcode a strong plus, Mac kexts or App development experience a double plus.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; excellent judgment; a self-directed, proactive approach to tackling problems and working through impediment and an ability to generate trust and build alliances with co-workers.
- Work cooperatively and proactively with other function teams of Apple to debug/fix Mac system issues and manufacturing issues.
- Come up with new and innovative ways of increasing manufacturability and testability of Mac system
- Evangelise and drive the adoption of these technologies and policies across the organisation.
- Up to 20% travel.
You will play a central role as system software engineer in building the support for the whole developing cycle of Mac system. This will include work in system bring up, whole system software stacks(from firmware to application) debugging and new feature enabling, diagnose. As factory is critical place for the whole R&D life cycle of Mac system, you will play a technical leader role in factory as the representative of all Software related teams behind you to support you. Responsibilities include working closely with various teams internal to Apple to ensure that whole Mac system can work well in regression, in factory engineering manufacturing builds, and mass production. This includes design and implementation of software and firmware as well as system level debug of hardware, silicon, and software. The successful candidate should be comfortable working on a large spectrum of issues ranging from hardware/silicon issues to overall system operation, Mac OS X kernel to Applications and system diagnose, as well as being able to manage multiple focus areas simultaneously.
Education & Experience
Major in computer science, EE or related field.