Core OS Triage Engineer
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Software and Services
The Core OS Triage team is looking for a triage and development engineer to support the larger engineering organization. The position will include debugging critical software and hardware issues across the entire software stack. You will have the opportunity to have a major impact on the quality of software for Apple's consumer operating systems products. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it.
- - Deep understanding of GDB and other debug tools
- - Knowledge of C, C++ and Python
- - Git version control
- - Previous experience of Kernel and/or firmware engineering
- - Highly professional, with ability to multitask and deliver solid work on tight schedules
- - UNIX experience
- - Deep understanding of hardware platforms & processor architectures.
- - A strong software development background to develop new software features/debugging tools/diagnose software.
- - Demonstrated creative and critical independent-thinking capabilities and troubleshooting skills.
- - A genuine passion for improving, quality and making perfect products.
- - Evangelise and drive the adoption of these technologies and policies across the organisation.
- - Strong communication and interpersonal skills; excellent judgment; a self-directed, dedicated approach to tackling problems and working through impediment and an ability to generate trust and build alliances with co-workers.
- Triage kernel, driver, and firmware issues from internal engineering teams Setup of new development hardware and equipment - Develop new tools to automate the triage and identification of software bugs
Education & Experience
- - Embedded or mobile technology exposure JTAG and ICE debuggers
- - Knowledge of debugging UNIX kernels
- - Up to 30% travel