Field Design Engineer
Beijing, Beijing, China
Would you like to become part of a hands-on team that fosters engineering perfection, creativity and innovation? At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. We are a team of dynamic, encouraging people and innovative technologies are the norm here. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish, imagine what you could do here!
- You have a minimum 0-3 years hands-on experience with end to end testing of cellular technologies that includes test plan preparation, field testing, log analysis & debugging UE issues.
- You have working knowledge in at least one of the wireless technology 5G NR, LTE/LTE-A, UMTS.
- Deep understanding of cellular protocol stack from LTE PHY/MAC to higher layers, Call processing.
- Proficient in use of RF test equipments i.e. R&S, Spirent, Agilent/keysight for wireless validation.
- You have experience owning a complete functional area of an application or product with clear communication across multiple levels in the organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, detailed oriented, analytical, able to work independently.
- Travel for work up to 50% (domestic and sometimes internationally)
The Field Design Engineering team is looking for a motivated, highly technical individual to work on testing unreleased apple products. You will be responsible for evaluating the latest iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch hardware systems, in the field, from early prototype to final products, on different network and wireless technologies, including performance metrics creation/evolution, post processing and analysis of device logs from the field.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Master’s preferred.
- - Hardworking and ambitious, able to take on obstacles in innovative ways
- - Knowledge of Antenna/ RF design is a plus.
- - Basic scripting experience (shell/perl/python/Matlab)