Shanghai, Shanghai, China
About Us The Manufacturing Design team enables the mass production of Apple's entire product line from iPhones, iPads and MacBooks to the Mac Pro, AppleTV and Apple Watch. Part of the magic that makes all of this possible is a robust set of applications and systems designed and developed by Apple that support the production of a product from prototype to announcement and beyond. We are looking for an experienced Software Developer with a passion for designing and architecting backend API’s and is comfortable anywhere in the stack. Our application developers are responsible for building the system that enables Apple to manufacture every product.You will work with our Manufacturing Design team to propose simple and efficient solutions to support launching Apple products.
- -- Strong skills in Go and/or PostgreSQL or other backend languages (e.g. Python, Ruby, or Node.js) and relational databases (e.g. MySQL).
- -- Experience and desire to apply modern software development practices such as Writing Test Cases, Continuous Integration, Code Review, Pair Programming, Refactoring, etc.
- -- Knowledgable about Linux, Git, TCP/IP, HTTP, SQL, Web Development, Distributed Systems, etc.
- -- Good communication skills in written and spoken English.
- -- Manufacturing experience or exposure is a plus, but not required.
This is a rare opportunity to put your signature on how Apple manufactures everything. You will be architecting and scaling our existing application API’s and databases and leading the team as we design future systems. You are going to work closely with manufacturing design and the mechanical engineering team on new products. This also means writing the code to control production line equipment like lasers and other hardware. Our current stacks are diverse and evolving combinations of old and new, closed and open source technologies. We are not looking for a solution for now; we are looking for the best solution for tomorrow. We are an ambitious team that takes smart risks and challenges everything -- including each other. None of us are the best at everything but all are the best at something. You should be the best at delivering high quality API’s.