Advanced Manufacturing Engineer
苏州, 江苏省, 中国内地
Operations and Supply Chain
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, we believe new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- 8 plus years in an engineering role with experience in automation equipment design (product design add on) as well as design for manufacturability or manufacturing engineering.
- Fluent in written and spoken Mandarin and English.
- You ideally have the ability to communicate effectively in a worldwide environment.
- New product introduction and Automation Manufacturing Operations experience desired.
- You ideally have a solid working knowledge of DFM (DFx).
- Proven track record of cost reduction, project management and automation engineering design required.
- Required to understand and create tolerance stack ups for assemblies and part level.
- Preferred knowledge of optics principles as they relate to CCD cameras, 3D, 2D and 1D lasers, and their use for positioning and critical alignment fixtures.
- Preferred basic understanding of adhesives, PSAs and VHBs.
- Preferred basic understanding of coils winding processes.
- Preferred basic understanding of sensing camera processes.
- Working knowledge of pneumatics, servo motors, 4axis and 6axis robots, PLC and PC-based control systems a plus.
- Working knowledge of GD&T principles a plus.
- NX2, NX4, or Solid Work CAD experiences a plus.
- JMP, Minitab, and Six Sigma experience a plus.
- Self starter with innovation, integrity and attention to details
Responsible for researching existing and new automation & manufacturing processes to create scalable solutions based on complexity of problems. Responsible for identifying how automation processes steps have direct impact to final product cost, quality, and delivery schedule. Possess capability of exercising sound engineering judgement and risk analysis when presented to broad and incomplete process goals or objectives. Strong in clearly defines new standard operating procedures and improves existing engineering practices. Capable to work independently to quantifies impact to final product performance. Uses findings to initiate and sustain good dialogues between cross-functional stake holders. Capable to aim with the final goal of converging to a stable, scalable process while not compromising final product performance. Applies extensive expertise in all facets of mechanical product design and automation & manufacturing engineering skill. Responsible to develop and execute strategic plan for the automation and manufacturing systems. Capable to maintain high quality and standard of daily works within a team. Provides direction, guidance and resources to other engineering groups, project leaders, as well as factory technicians. Acts as lead engineer on a variety of projects and participates in the project planning of major sub-projects. Act as an expert in performs assignments in several of the following manufacturing engineering functions: Automation Design for Manufacturability - Provide early and on-going automation & manufacturing involvement to ensure new products are mechanically manufacturable and repeatable. Include machine DFM review and set up SOP document creation. Product Engineering - Works all phases of a product from concept, to repeat automation manufacturing, to end of life. Provides production support engineering with respect to technically complex testing methods, procedures and failure analysis. Include Geometry Dimensional & Tolerance Analysis knowledge. Process Engineering - Designs and develops technically complex processes to improve product quality and automation equipment efficiency. Include machine/process parameter set up skills. Failure/Data Analysis - Plans, develops, and implements technically complex procedures for the testing and evaluation of soon to be released products. Specifies tests to be performed, compiles data, and makes recommendations for product design changes and final assembly standards. This will include the use of Failure Analysis & Corrective Action (FACA), Design of Experiments (DOE) and statistical analysis using Six Sigma principles.
BSME or equivalent (MSME, MSIE desired)