Hardware Systems Integration Engineer
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
The Audio & Accessories team is searching for self driven, passionate electrical engineers for the role of Hardware System Integrator at all levels, junior through lead / senior. This is a unique position allowing ownership of all things "EE" about a product, from architecture to component selection, schematic capture and board layout to validation and manufacturing. Our products are on the cutting edge in every way: integration, connectivity, power consumption, fabrication, reliability, manufacturing scale, and design. Play a significant role in the development of Apple products, interfacing with virtually every team involved in the process: Product Design / Mechanical Engineering Firmware iOS Industrial Design EMC, Reliability, Operations, etc. Collaboration across teams is a key component of success at Apple. The right candidate will thrive in that type of environment. The position is based in Shanghai.
- Great EE fundamentals. This means you have a deep understanding of why our discipline works the way it does; you've developed an intuition and can apply it to new topics because you understand the basics.
- Hands-on experience in prototype bring-up and debugging, functional verification.
- Ability to go learn how to quantify and test new technologies.
- Experience designing high volume products from beginning to end and dealing with contract manufacturers is a huge bonus. Experience in low power embedded systems, especially 8-bit and 16-bit micro-controllers, is extremely beneficial. Every µA is sacred.
- Experience in the following areas is desired: processor selection, various communication protocols (especially USB, SPI, I2C and UART), analog design and analysis, audio system design and measurement, sensor design & integration, and low power circuit design
- Experience in the following areas is especially desirable: DC/DC power design, Bluetooth & WLAN radio integration and video electronics design
Architecture development and review Component selection and maintaining vendor relationships Schematic capture and review. Manage PCB layout with our team of designers Validation planning and execution, utilizing local and CM resources to execute deep and detailed validation. Custom silicon specifications and validation, from simple glue logic to multi-core ARM SoC's.
Education & Experience
BS/MS/PhD EE or equivalent