Product Design Engineer Intern-Soft Goods
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Passion works here. Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Just be ready to dream big. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imaging what you could do here. At Apple, creative ideas have a way of becoming wonderful products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- Strong understanding of engineering fundamentals and ability to flexibly apply concepts to new problems not listed in engineering textbooks.
- Strong analytical problem solving skills and ability to use statistical tools and techniques.
- Working knowledge of 3D CAD programs. Unigraphics NX is a plus.
- Understanding of Design for Manufacturability (DFM), Design for Assembly (DFA), statistical tolerance analysis techniques, functional dimensioning, and geometric tolerancing.
- Detail orientated, proactive thinker, and capable of handling multiple assignments under high pressure.
- Good English written and oral communication.
- China based position - Shanghai, Shenzhen.
Looking for a highly motivated mechanical engineer to join the Soft Goods product design team. You will be part of a cross-functional design team responsible for conceiving, designing and producing exciting new products. As part of a team of Product Design engineers who bring products to market you will work closely with the US based Product design team and many other cross functional groups both based in Asia and the US including Industrial Design, Hardware Engineering, Operations and Reliability. As an Intern within the in region Soft Goods product design team you will work closely with experienced Product Designers and contract manufacturers to ensure we execute a design consistent with Industrial Design’s design intent. In this role you will work to prototype, develop design concepts, and create design specifications. You will then work to refine these concepts through iterative build cycles at our contract manufacturers. Throughout these design cycles you will be responsible for the resolution of design issues by working with the team to develop and conduct analytical and physical testing and then conduct DOE and Failure analysis to validate solutions, which can be implemented in the next design cycle.
Education & Experience
• Enrolled in Bachelor (BS) of Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or similar program. • MS preferred. Phd a plus.