Senior Speech Research & Development Engineer
Beijing, Beijing, China
Machine Learning and AI
Play a part in the next revolution in human-computer interaction. Create groundbreaking technology for large scale systems, spoken language, big data, and artificial intelligence. Join the Siri Speech team to bring speech recognition to the next level on Apple’s devices and services. Contribute to a product that is redefining mobile computing. And work with the people who created the intelligent assistant that helps millions of people get things done — just by asking. Contribute to a product that is redefining mobile computing. Create groundbreaking technology for large scale systems, spoken language, big data, and artificial intelligence. And work with the people who created the intelligent assistant that helps millions of people get things done — just by asking. Join the Siri Speech team at Apple. The Siri team is looking for exceptionally skilled and creative Engineers eager to get involved in hands-on work improving the Siri experience.
- Experience building and improving large vocabulary speech recognition systems
- Ability to analyze speech systems, design and implement experiments, improve machine learning algorithms and models with a holistic approach bringing algorithms, data, and models together.
- Experience working with standard speech recognition and machine learning toolkits (such as HTK, Kaldi, SRILM, OpenFST, Tensorflow or equivalent proprietary systems)
- Experience working on speech recognition in multiple languages
- Familiarity with large-scale data analysis using distributed systems
- Strong programming skills in Python, C/C++
You will be a part of a team that's responsible for a wide variety of speech-related research and development activities, including acoustic modeling, language modeling and tools development. Our speech recognition research is typically data driven and we are particularly passionate about semi-supervised techniques to leverage large quantities of data. You should be passionate about building extraordinary products, and meet many of the key qualifications above. You'll be working closely with other engineers and scientists from a number of other teams at Apple, thriving in a highly collaborative environment with rapidly changing priorities.
Education & Experience
M.S. or PhD in Computer Science or related field