Senior Technology Evangelist - iOS, WWDR
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Software and Services
The Worldwide Developer Relations team at Apple is responsible for a number of areas, including creating and managing strategic partnerships within the iOS and OS X developer community, presenting development best practices and evangelizing technology adoption. As a Technology Evangelist for Greater China, this individual will manage relationships with developer organizations in the region and get such developers to create innovative products that fully leverage key iOS and OS X technologies across all key app genres, and ensure that these apps exhibit best-in-class user experience, performance and feature sets. This individual will work closely with Technology Evangelists and Partnership Managers, in the US, Europe and APAC, to raise the app quality bar and to deliver great titles for local consumption and also for the worldwide market.
- Excellent understanding of technology and software development.
- Highly proficient with Apple’s development tools and frameworks.
- Skilled at designing intuitive user interfaces and optimizing user experience in line with Apple’s HIG and design patterns.
- Experienced with coding techniques and best practices for energy saving, performance optimization, security, accessibility, and localization.
- Possesses a strong understanding of the app ecosystem.
- Can build strong internal and external relationships to effectively communicate Apple’s platform message and benefits to developers.
- Is persuasive and effective at interacting with all levels of the partner organization, from developer to executives.
- Results driven with a world-class attention to detail, remarkable follow through, and an ability to totally focus on customer experience and service.
- Great listener, able to rapidly understand the other party’s needs, and evaluate a range of solutions.
Managing and developing relationships within the local developer community. Working one-on-one with 3rd party software development teams and decision makers to ensure the products they are building are best-of-class or next generation apps, through UI/UX reviews and technology audits. Driving adoption of iOS and OS X technologies such as WatchKit, Metal, Sprite Kit and other core technologies by identifying specific opportunities for each 3rd party. Supporting developer technology adoption requirements, through effectively working with cross-functional teams at Apple. Presenting core Apple technologies to a developer audience in an effective and clear manner. Identifying key stakeholders and developing relationships with them. Staying current on trends, UI design topics, latest guidelines, and the newest technologies.
Education & Experience
BA/BS in scientific engineering or business, plus 8-9 years of work experience. Or MA/MS/MBA, plus 6-7 years of work (or equivalent experience).
- Excellent presentation, communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills are a must.
- Must be fluent in both Chinese and English.
- A minimum of 5 years of professional programming experience in C, C++, or Obj-C.
- A minimum of 3 years of iOS or OS X development experience.
- Highly professional, with the ability to deliver quality work under pressure and on tight schedules.
- At ease dealing with rapidly changing environments.
- This job is based in Shanghai and will require frequent travel.